About Flexible Technologies
Flexible Technologies was founded in Connecticut in 1947 and opened the Abbeville, South Carolina plant in 1964. The Abbeville plant has grown and still serves as one of our key manufacturing plants today, but through expansion in other key locations we have the ability to serve customers in a global capacity. Flexible Technologies employs approximately 400 dedicated associates in Abbeville, South Carolina; Plymouth, Indiana; Lubeck, Germany; and Johor, Malaysia and is a leader in floorcare and home appliance industry. Through our participation in programs such as ISO-9001, ISO-14001, and OHSAS-18001, we strive for quality improvement of products, quality of life for associates, environmental stewardship, and community partnerships. The facilities consistently earn recognition for excellence in safety and maintain key performance indicators for sustainability.
Flexible is proud that our products have been used in many diverse and historic applications that include:
- Military and aerospace use, including hoses used on space shuttles to prevent ice buildup during launch and involvement in the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs. Our on-board drinking hose was used on the moon missions.
- Ducting for the ventilation system of the first nuclear-powered submarine, the U.S.S. Nautilus.
- Ducting that was specified for the ventilation systems used in iron lungs used in the 1950’s to save the lives of polio victims.
- Automotive hoses used on NASCAR vehicles.
- Insulation products used in the late 1960’s construction of the World Trade Center.