Flexible Technologies, a subsidiary of Smiths Group, and a leading manufacturer of hose products for the home appliance, medical, HVAC and industrial markets is recruiting for the position of Supervisor for our Abbeville, South Carolina location.
The production supervisor is responsible for driving key performance indicators through effective management of the production workforce and proactive execution of the day to day Operations plan. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Directs and supervises an assigned shift of employees
- Responsible for ensuring safety, quality and productivity standards are met
- Ensures compliance with all quality procedures and processes
- Tracks and manages all areas of employee performance
- Provides training and/or coaching to help employees reach acceptable performance levels
- Monitors the flow of goods to and from the shop floor
- Monitors daily scrap and makes recommendations for reduction
- Makes recommendations to reduce unnecessary cost from supplies and labor
- Develops plans to increase utilization and productivity
- Maintains a general knowledge of equipment and an awareness of how to operate each piece of equipment
- Assures maintenance of good employee relations and is consistent and equitable with employee matters
Assists with physical inventory
Rearranges schedules to meet new or emergency situations
Cooperates with other departments on projects for new or existing products or equipment
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred
Experience: 3 + years manufacturing experience preferred
Skills: Effective communication skills, people skills; Results oriented; Influencer of People; Ability to engage and motivate to get work done through others
Special Requirements: Shop floor conditions; spends 75% of time in manufacturing areas; must be able to stand/walk for long periods at a time
We are looking for a highly motivated driver of engagement to influence our employees who bring their all to work every day.
We are building a high-productivity and high-engagement culture that is not for anyone seeking a comfort zone. If you’re ready, we’re the place for you!
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment q3ualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified
Please find privacy notice at the link below: