Thermaflex, a subsidiary of Smiths Group, and a leading manufacturer of products for the HVAC construction market is recruiting for a Warehouse Leader for our manufacturing plant in Cairo, Georgia.
The level of this position will depend on the experience and qualifications of the applicants received.
Responsible for the management and coordination of warehouse, receiving and shipping activities for a satellite manufacturing location with a goal of maximizing monthly performance results.
- Hands on position that will assist with all warehouse activities as required, including operating a forklift when needed to support department activities.
- Manages the coordination of warehouse activities to receive, check, deliver and ship materials.
- Supports departmental versatility related to cross-training of employees.
- Performs key role on cycle count team and is responsible for inventory control.
- Work closely with manufacturing on planning orders and shipments to meet customer demand
- Responsible for warehouse housekeeping and 5S
- Works to consolidate less than full truckloads for improved rates.
- Supervises the receipt of incoming supplies and materials.
- Maintains storage of raw materials and finished products.
- Responsible for assuring accurate document processing and maintenance of recordkeeping to control receipts and dispersals.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding shipments, monitors shipping errors and takes appropriate action, resolves claims with carriers.
- Maintains warehouse areas in safe condition. Eliminates hazards.
- Assures warehouse personnel are compliant and knowledgeable of safety requirements for warehouse activities with a focus on lift truck operation.
- Represents the warehouse department in quality meetings
Education: High School Diploma required. Bachelors degree preferred
Experience: 3 – 5 years warehouse experience preferred
Skills: Knowledge of warehousing principles, distribution and storage.
Thermaflex offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Qualified applicants who wish to be considered should submit a resume with salary requirements.
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment q3ualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”
Employment Opportunity Employer
Applicant Privacy Statement