Performs a wide variety of engineering activities related to the optimization of manufacturing equipment and systems as well as new product launch projects.
• Responsible for systematic manufacturing performance improvement in areas of machine efficiency, quality and process optimization.
• Works with R&D engineering and manufacturing to ensure new products are transitioned to production successfully
• Leads capital projects including reviewing new technology, recommending capital investment and managing project through implementation.
• Reviews manufacturing trends to identify areas where improvement is needed and leads teams to determine/implement solutions.
• Experiments with existing processes and work flows to make recommendations on necessary changes.
• Sets products running speeds, data reports and verifies product integrity/machine conformance.
• Changes conditions that fall short of optimum or for reasons of safety or equipment limitations.
• Assists on changeover standardization and scrap improvement.
• Recommends improving or shortening process steps.
• Assists in development of training information and documentation.
• Manages budgeted costs through process improvements.
• Consults with vendors and manufacturers as required.
Performs Industrial Engineering functions as requested.
MRB – Material Review Board Representative for Plastics
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical discipline
Experience: 1+ years’ experience in manufacturing extrusion/injection molding preferred