Thermaflex, a subsidiary of Smiths Group, and a leading manufacturer of products for the HVAC markets is recruiting for an Accounting/AR Clerk for our Abbeville, South Carolina location.
The Accounting/AR Clerk will provide financial, administrative and clerical support to ensure company receives payments for goods and services and properly records the transactions by posting receipts and resolving discrepancies according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain up-to-date billing system by analyzing the Accounts Receiving aging report.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with customers via phone, email, fax or mail.
- Post customer payments by recording payments and entering them into the accounting software.
- Post credits and additional billings daily to customer accounts.
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments and customers.
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Perform Account Reconciliations. Research and resolve account discrepancies.
- Assist with routine journal entries and monthly account reconciliations.
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries.
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AR function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
High school diploma or equivalent
Basic accounting principle knowledge preferred
Previous Accounting/Bookkeeping experience preferred but not required.
Excellent organization skills
Fluency with all core Microsoft applications
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Group Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment q3ualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.