Thermaflex, a subsidiary of Smiths Group, and a leading manufacturer of products for the HVAC markets is recruiting for a Project Engineer for our Abbeville, South Carolina location.
To apply please visit our website: https://www.smiths.com/job-search/job-details.aspx?nPostingId=104752&nPostingTargetId=204688&id=P5DFK026203F3VBQB8M68LOWQ&LG=EN
Responsible for a broad range of engineering projects. These may include projects related to product development, product quality and/or manufacturing efficiency. Performs a wide variety of duties relative to execution of projects. Duties include significant hands-on functions directly interacting with manufacturing and testing equipment.
- Ensures all work is performed in a safe manner.
- Provides day-to-day leadership required to progress projects within the required timelines.
- Works with all other functional areas of the business to coordinate timely and accurate outcomes.
- Communicates both up and down the organization effectively to resolve issues and move projects forward.
- Consults with suppliers, customers and 3rd-party laboratories as required.
- Conducts necessary trials, testing, data collection and analysis required to make decisions.
- Recommends improvements / solutions based on facts and data.
- Determines conformance of all new products and processes to allow for commercialization.
- Manages project budgets
- Quantifies cost impacts of projects and effectively establishes cost-benefit analysis.
- Provides necessary process engineering tasks (training, procedures, costing, etc.) to embed project in manufacturing environment.
- Provides regular project updates to business leadership.
- Manages budgeted costs through process improvements.
- Supports all Divisional Initiatives (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Costs, NPD, Employee Engagement, etc.)
- Assists manufacturing with training of hourly workforce as required.
- Participates in HSSE activities as required
- Must be able to travel as needed
Education: Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline
Experience: 1 – 3 years in a manufacturing environment preferred
Skills: A “can-do” attitude
Multi-task oriented with effective communication skills
Ability to analyze data and make decisions from results
Medical / Dental / Vision plans Paid Holidays Vacation Pay Tuition Assistance, 401K
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future. “This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.