Thermaflex, a division of Flexible Technologies, and a leading manufacturer of products for the home appliance, medical, HVAC and industrial markets is recruiting for Shipper/Receivers for our Abbeville, SC. location.
This job category combines four distinct functions. Incumbents, while cross trained to perform all four, usually are assigned to one function. For purposes of this description the job duties are separated by function.
- Receiver/Unloader – Unloads incoming raw materials, verifies counts, checks for damages, places bar-code labels on goods. Prepares locations and moves goods to locations. Performs the same for raw material returns from production. Performs general warehousing maintenance for stored goods.
- Finished Goods Warehouser – Moves finished goods from production, verifies product and counts; stretch wraps, if required, and stores in proper location. Arranges and prepares areas for incoming goods. Performs general warehousing maintenance for stored goods.
- Raw Materials Service person – Delivers raw materials to production areas, maintains counts. Returns raw materials and finished goods to warehouse as needed. Performs unloading and general warehousing.
- Shippers – Pulls orders for shipment, prepares, counts and loads onto trucks. Totals load sheets and fills out shipping orders.
- Processes bar code labels and receivers of raw materials.
- Performs warehousing upkeep.
All: Reports defects in equipment and arranges PM for lift trucks.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum of 1 year to become fully competent on all assignments
Skills: Good basic math skills
Ability to use sound judgment in safe lifting and use of forklift and stacking goods for maximum utilization
Use of electronic scales, stretch wrap machines
High degree of accuracy required
Special Requirements: Mandatory fork lift licensing requires visual acuity and knowledge of safety rules concerning fork lift operation; frequently moves on & off truck
Use of computer and bar-coding unit
Effective communication skills necessary to give and receive instructions or directions
Medical / Dental / Vision plans Paid Holidays Vacation Pay Tuition Assistance and Professional Development Programs 401K
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future. “This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.” Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.