Flexible Technologies, a subsidiary of Smiths Group, and a leading manufacturer of hose products for the home appliance, medical, HVAC and industrial markets is recruiting for Machine Operators for our Abbeville, South Carolina location.
Responsible for the comprehensive management of all health, safety and environmental programs for the Flexible Technologies business to ensure targets are achieved.
- Working with Flex-Tek HSE Divisional Director implementing HSE improvement strategies.
- Overseeing environmental and health and safety management systems implementation at sites within scope of responsibility.
- Implementation of Smiths Minimal Technical standards, HSE policies, and Cardinal Behaviors.
- Supporting the facility managers with:
- establishing successful HSE improvement objectives
- reviewing incidents including root cause, corrective actions, and verification and effectiveness of actions,
- technical support,
- training resources,
- auditing compliance requirements and sub-contractors
- conducting risk assessments
- managing change
- working with teams on HSE projects
- Monitoring of leading Indicators and other objectives and use statistical data to identify trends.
- Communicating with site HSE and facility managers on a monthly basis.
- Implementing Management of Change programs at each site.
- Assisting, and at times overseeing, and staying current with remediation activities at applicable facilities.
- Employing outside or internal resources to assist with HSE programs when necessary. This may include HSE audits, incident investigation, workplace improvements, or remediation activities.
- Working with regulatory agencies to resolve issues or seek assistance or guidance.
- Being the liaison for Loss Prevention programs and following through on corrections.
- Becoming a Prism Super-User
- Controlling costs and being accountable for HSE budget.
- Additional Duties: participates in physical inventories.
REQUIREMENTS: Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a HSE or related discipline.
Experience: 5 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with soil and groundwater remediation
- Knowledge and experience of OSHA and EPA regulation implementation.
- Familiar with HSE management systems. i.e. ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Exceptional verbal and communication skills.
- Holdings experience is preferred
Some of our Outstanding Benefits Include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Group Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
We are looking for highly motivated employees who bring their all to work every day.
We are building a high-productivity and high-engagement culture that is not for anyone seeking a comfort zone. If you’re ready, we’re the place for you!
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment q3ualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified