Thermaflex, a subsidiary of Smiths Group, and a leading manufacturer of products for the HVAC markets is recruiting for an Accounts Payable Specialist/General Ledger Accountant for our Abbeville, South Carolina location.
Provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Matches purchase orders to invoices and enters invoices into computer for stock and non-stock purchases.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities and preparing checks.
- Prepares and processes electronic transfers and payments.
- Resolves purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos, issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries via phone and email.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports for advances; preparing checks.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Provides accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- Prepares and records recurring journal entries.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts including AP Subledger, Bank Account, and various others.
- Prepares various reports for management review.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 2+ years experience in accounts payable
Skills: Excellent organization skills / Excellent attention to detail / Fluency with all core Microsoft applications such as Excel and Word.
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Group Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
We are building a high-productivity and high-engagement culture that is not for anyone seeking a comfort zone. If you’re ready, we’re the place for you!