Thermaflex, a subsidiary of Smiths Group, and a leading manufacturer of products for the HVAC market is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant for our Abbeville, SC. location. The Administrative Assistant supports the HR department in a variety of personnel related administrative tasks including recruiting, payroll, updating HR database, processes employees’ requests and provides other support for the facility as required by management.
- Maintains HRIS and payroll systems with accurate personal and employment data (i.e. new hires, terminations, attendance, hourly pay adjustments and overrides).
- Maintains new hire and terminations report for the Smiths Global View database.
- Prepares a new hire/terminations 401K report for Fidelity.
- Supports with some aspects of site recruiting for production roles like job posting greeting and assisting applicants, scheduling interviews and applicant tracking data entry.
- Processes employees’ requests and provides relevant information.
- Maintains a filing system.
- Regularly completes special projects as assigned.
- Assumes other responsibilities as given in support of business activities.
Supports the HR department on special employee events.
Supports the warehouse department on tasks related to shipping data entry.
Liaisons with Accounting
Associate degree preferred
5+ year preferred
Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially
Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Effective interpersonal skills
Attention to detail and problem solving
Special Requirements: Shop floor exposure.
Works with confidential employee data which requires utmost discretion
Thermaflex offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Group Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
This is a great opportunity to gain HR experience in a fast-paced work environment.
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment q3ualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Please find privacy notice at the link below: