Performs diversified duties to assist the Quality Control department in evaluating products to assure that applicable specifications are met. Makes decisions regarding conformance and takes necessary action to identify non-conforming items.
$14.00 – $16.00/hour (Shift premium offered for night shift)
7:30am-7:30pm and 7:30pm-7:30am
- Performs final inspection of medical products and receiving inspection and release of raw materials used in the Medical Room.
- Patrols manufacturing on a continuous basis to assure compliance to specifications.
- Audits Certificates of Conformance from suppliers of raw materials received to assure they meet raw material specifications.
- Audits all machines, molds and assembly lines to assure compliance to specifications including: 1st article inspections, critical measures, wire, set-up, color, hose dimensions and hose appearance.
- Makes judgments regarding conformance, using visual measuring instruments and/or Quality Criteria sheets.
- Performs audits, as required, of WIP or finished goods inventories to verify product conforms to requirements.
- Prepares production capability samples, engineering or production samples for customer shipment.
- Issues stop tags on non-conforming products to prevent shipment to customers.
- Copies manager and production planning on stop card issuance.
- Evaluates customer returns, performs cycle counts on color, vinyl, boxes, etc., as required.
- Coordinates return of rejected materials to vendors.
- Delivers gauge and measuring equipment for scheduled calibrations, as scheduled.
- Assists in performance of capability studies and in gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies.
- Files first article inspection reports daily.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area space in the lab.
High school diploma plus additional specialized training equal to 2 years.
- Ability to use sophisticated measuring devices.
- Must be able to demonstrate computer competency including MS Office & Outlook.
- Good communication and decision making skills; good math skills.
- Knowledge of products, materials and customer quality requirements.
- Training in measurement and capability studies.
- Subject to manufacturing, lab & warehouse conditions.