Sets-up and operates automatic machines to produce small to medium size hose and air ducts. May work on either a 10 hour or 8 hour shift schedule. Coordinates the assembly of wire helix with reinforced thread, covered by vinyl extrusion.
$14.98 – $16.02/hour
- Performs routine set-ups, working from prints and pros.
- Changes mandrels for different diameter sizes.
- Maintains proper speeds.
- Controls extruder temperatures, pressures and speeds.
- Checks belt and wire tensions and mandrel speeds.
- Maintains to close tolerances.
- Keeps hoppers filled with proper compounds and colors.
- May be required to alternate on various machines.
- Uses digital equipment to perform quality control checks.
- Maintains required charting.
- Completes production reports.
- Reports machine wear and malfunctions.
- Assists Process Technicians with complicated or unusual set-ups.
- May perform some end trim or packing.
Must be able to perform statistical process control requirements to verify quality of product.
High school diploma or GED.
Over 1 year to achieve proficiency on different products and machines.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Manual dexterity to perform diversified work to close tolerances.
- Continuous standing.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, gives and receives instructions.
- Belt trim requires good visual ability.
- Climbs ladders hoppers.