The Plant Manager will be responsible for the direction and supervision of facility hourly and designated management employees at the location. Coordinates and schedules the activities of employees to assure customer and ship schedules are met.
- Plans and arranges daily production through most efficient use of equipment, materials and employees.
- Maintains control over materials usage, scrap and efficiency. Monitors availability of materials.
- Resolves quality problems promptly.
- Monitors production efficiency, quality, safety and employee performance.
- Anticipates and investigates causes of delays or inadequate performance and takes corrective action within scope of authority.
- Maintains all necessary production, scrap and employee records. Monitors employee attendance.
- Assures new employees are properly trained.
- Assures equipment is maintained in good, safe working order.
- Tracks and recognizes teams’ good performance.
- Serves as a mentor to motivate teams.
- Creates a cooperative work environment.
- Provides clear instruction and expectations.
- Takes prompt action to remove all safety hazards.
- Maintains familiarity with all rules and regulations. Administers in a fair and consistent manner.
- Communication liaison between production and customer service.
- Responsible for building and grounds conditions.
- Communicates with Human Resources Manager on matters regarding employee issues on discharges, disciplinary actions, or other matters of employment law.
Manages physical inventory
Rearranges schedules to meet new or emergency situations.
Cooperates with other departments on projects for new or existing products or equipment
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or
equivalent technical/practical training preferred
Experience: 3 -5 years
Skills: Working knowledge of products, materials and processes
Knowledge of company procedures
Knowledge of quality criteria
Effective communication skills
Working knowledge of employment law
Agent of Change
Adaptability to change
Shop floor conditions; majority of time is spent in manufacturing areas.
Thermaflex offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Group Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment q3ualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”