Responsible to the VP – General Manager for the direction and management of manufacturing, supply chain management and quality assurance. Directs and coordinates activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule within quality and cost objectives. Liaisons with customers on quality issues and growth opportunities.
Oversees manufacturing, supply chain management, quality assurance customer service and maintenance to drive business results in all areas of operations. Manages areas of responsibility to ensure minimum costs, on time delivery and prepare the division to meet future growth.
Works closely with engineering to obtain new or revised standards, improved methods and work station layouts. Oversees inventory and related transactions as related to operations.
Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain manufacturing or outsourcing requirements to meet new or existing markets. Ensures through subordinates that standards for product quality, equipment and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensures fixed assets are preserved.
Develops, monitors and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Provides appropriate notice of cost and labor overruns. Implements solutions to problems related to same.
Assures good employee relations and consistent, equitable disciplinary actions.
Establishes challenging targets for improvement in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee relations.
Effectively manages budget and cost expenses.
Stays current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
Maintains compliance with state and federal regulations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred
Experience: 10+ years in a similar position or career progression
Skills: Strong customer orientation
Ability to lead people and get results through others
Process improvement and change management
Manufacturing systems development and deployment
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and analysis
Travel involved for facilities, customer or supplier visits
Ultimate responsibility for 190 plus associates and contract personnel
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Safety – Observe safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions; use equipment and materials properly
- Communication – Able to read and interpret written information; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; asks for and offers help when needed; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Interpersonal Skills – Keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things; approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; follow through on commitments; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Ethics & Diversity – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds and supports organizational values; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Productivity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Flexible offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans from day one
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
Except where prohibited by state law all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment q3ualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”