- Responsible for the design and development of new and derivative products, equipment and processes
- Proactive in the development of new products and processes in order to maintain the existing customer base and attract new customers
- Responsible for implementing all product designs to meet the customer requirements
- Seeks maximum agreement between customer specifications and design specifications
- Works with the broader R&D organization in the design, development, documentation and manufacturing implementation of new and derivative products for the Group
- Works with the broader R&D and Operations organizations to design, develop, document and implement new processes, process improvements and production equipment for the Group
- Maintains a clear understanding of desired product performance characteristics of the consumer, customer, warranty, regulatory and/or other entities
- Develops and originates specifications for and documentation of all newly developed product raw materials, components and assemblies. Evaluates specifications for raw materials and components and negotiates with vendors to establish requirements.
- Develops, arranges and specifies all compliance testing. Initiates or defines new product test procedures when existing procedures do not meet needs.
- Remains knowledgeable of, interprets and reports data generated from internal trial runs or product studies, including communication and negotiation with customers
- Analyzes competitive products and developments on an ongoing basis for design and processing, performance and cost
- Stays abreast of patents and initiates invention disclosures and patent applications as required
- Visits customers, attends trade shows and remains knowledgeable of market developments and trends
- Coordinates and oversees design and fabrication of prototype and production tooling
Education: Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related Engineering discipline. Equivalent experience acceptable.
Experience: 1+ years engineering experience (Co-op assignments considered)
Skills: Strong conceptual skills and mechanical aptitude
Well-organized self-starter with creative and innovative ability
Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
Computer proficiency for 3D CAD and general office software
Exceptional knowledge of products, components and processes
High degree of technical knowledge
Spends considerable time on shop floor
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Flexible Technologies welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, disability, age, religious beliefs or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in ethics, where we embrace diversity.
“ This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer