Responsible for the establishment, implementation and maintenance of effective systems ensuring Quality Standards meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Interfaces with customers (Customer Representative) and suppliers on quality problems and quality improvement activities using structured corrective and preventative action methods
- Complies and administers customer and supplier PPAP documentation
- Responsible for quality criteria communication to production associates and development of associated reference documentation.
- Implements and/ or analyzes quality metrics (Customer, Key indicators, ect) and initiates action plans when the metrics do not meet the objectives
- Facilitate Corrective Action Activities (8D, for example)
- Works with outside regulatory inspectors, such as UL, on matters of inspection procedure, permissible deviation, specifications
- Identifies favorable and unfavorable trends in defect rates, failure modes and excessive scrap rates to assure proper attention is given to internal processes so as to ensure minimal field failures and complaints.
- Responsible for final disposition on when defects do not clearly fall within pre-established quality guidelines.
- Leads efforts in statistical process control, DOE’s, R & R’s and total quality control measures.
- Lead continuous improvement projects
- Communicate Corrective Action Reports to internal and external customers
- Develop and support effective procedures and work/test instructions per Customer Specific standards and global quality manual and monitors compliance
- Understands and applies the tools of Lean Manufacturing such as 5-S Workplace Organization, Continuous flow Manufacturing, Stet-up reduction, Total Preventative Maintenance, Mistake Proofing, Six Sigma, etc.
- Promotes Quality concepts within the plant, division, and community
- Understanding of Customer specific requirements
- Authority and responsibility to stop production when a quality or safety issue arises
- Work requires walking, talking, seeing, hearing, sitting, climbing, bending, stooping, grasping, crouching, pushing, balancing, reaching, kneeling, and standing
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Work requires working under high and low temperatures at certain times
Communicates with and provides training to hourly personnel on quality related procedures.
Education: B.S. degree in an Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience of education and experience in Quality Engineering
Experience: 3 – 5 years
Structured problem solving with demonstrated experience in 8-D or similar methods
Knowledge of quality system design and implementation
Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate complex issues to all levels, to management, operators and customers
Experience in PPAP, ISO 9000, statistical methods
Computer literacy in SQC Pac, Windows, ERP systems, Power Point, EXCEL
Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
Ability to work in a team environment
Must have excellent organization skills
Knowledge of products, materials, processes and customer quality requirements.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Flexible Technologies welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, disability, age, religious beliefs or status. We’re proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in ethics, where we embrace diversity.
“ This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer